Foodie

Monday, November 8, 2010

Watermelon Salad



Do not fret, if you are unlucky like me in choosing a flavorful and sweet watermelon.  Turn the not so sweet watermelon into Watermelon Drink and Float or this salad.


Ingredients:

4 cups watermelon - cut into 1 inch square cubes
1 tbsp sliced shallots
1/4 cup basil/thai basil - chopped
1/4 cup pomegranate molasses/balsamic vinegar
A dash of salt and freshly ground pepper

Method

Stack watermelon cubes in individual salad plates and sprinkle in the salt and pepper, shallots and basil.

Drizzle with pomegranate molasses/balsamic vinegar.

Enjoy


7 comments:

Sugahmommy said...

Auntie Lily

The sweetest watermelons are the yellow fleshed ones. Ever since I learnt this from my Dad, I have not bothered with red ones. We have an interesting theory that yellow fleshed fruits are sweeter than red fleshed fruits - e.g. yellow kiwi, mango, pineapple, jackfruit, etc. :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this is good to serve here since weather here is hot.

Siu Wai said...

Hi,

I'm your fans since 2 years ago. And I know that you are such a experience cooker that familiar with chinese cuisines.

I came across a very delicious pastry in a wedding banquet some months ago in Malaysia and I wish to know its name.

After a thorough google search, I found the picture of the said pastry but still have no clue of its name.

Can you please have a look for the picture here (http://martythyme.blogspot.com/2010/02/oil-and-water-do-mix.html) and then tell me the name in Chinese and English?

Thanks for your wonderful recipes!

Unknown said...

siu wai

the author of The Thymes calls it Baked Lotus Seed Paste Crêpe

i have a similar mandarin shanghai pancake which is deep fried instead of baking

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is one of the prettiest salads I've ever seen. If it tastes half as good as it looks you have a sure winner on your hands. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

PnJ said...

When choosing a watermelon, I was taught to knock on it to hear a sound to see if it's good or not. However, I never master the skill.
My boyfriend loves watermelon. I'm going to try to make him this watermelon salad.

Nathan said...

the watermelon has to feel heavy for it's size and u have to knock it (knock on it like a door if it makes a hallow sound then it means its sweet)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...