Foodie

Monday, January 31, 2011

Green Pea Jade Cookies

Grean peas are not only for savories, it can be made into a delectable cookie that are so delicious that you will not hear your mom nagged you to eat your peas. You will come for more when you have the first bite.
I made these cookies using green pea flour that i bought in Malaysia and i don't know if it works if i grind my own from Green Pea Snacks but i will try it some day and grind some that have Wasabi.




INGREDIENTS

250g ground green peas flour
200g Icing Sugar
300g  all-purpose flour
200ml peanut oil
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

















METHOD
Mix all the dry ingredients.

Gradually add in oil and mix until form dough

Press tiny balls of dough into a mould and knock out the patterned cookies.

Bake at preheated oven 350f  for 10 min

10 comments:

Bakericious said...

nice cookies and Wish you and your family a Happy Lunar New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai!

CaThY said...

very nice cookies. I got the same mould but I got difficulty knocking out the patterned cookies. May I know how did you managed to get them out so nicely? Tks. Happy new year to you & yr family =)

Unknown said...

cathy

dust the cookie mould lightly and knock the cookies out like you would for kuih bangkit

CaThY said...

tks lily,
I will try again. :)

Angie Fern Ng said...

Dear Lily, Happy New Rabbit Year to you and your family.

Yes, you can make the cookies by grinding the green pea snack. I have done this before. The pea to flour ratio is 0.6kg to 1kg

LunaMoonbeam said...

Ooh, those look tasty!!!

Gung Hei Fat Choi!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily, I salute your energy n creativity. Can you tell me if the following are the same as I just bought some "hoon kueh" powder to make your Jade Cookies; hoon kueh/grreen pea/green mung bean/green bean powder. Is that the correct ingredient for your recipe. Thank you.
Lena

Unknown said...

lena

no green pea flour is not the same as hoon kueh powder. This flour is ground from 'Green Peas' - the ones you have for dinner. i know you can buy the snack green peas (some has wasabi) and then grind to powder.

baby sayang said...

Hi Lily,

I tried your recipe today. However, how do you know if the cookies are done? I felt that 10 minutes was not enough because the cookies didn't look like they did any browning on the top. So I put it in for an additional 5 minutes. I checked the bottom on a few of them and it was slightly brown.

Any ideas because I don't want to over-bake them.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

baby sayang

the baking time is there as a guide. Actual baking time really depends on the size of the cookie. Bigger cookies, longer cooking time. It is alright to have some browning but since i name this cookie Jade, just did not want any browning to mar the green.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...