If you are older or as old as i am, it is better not to make promises, either you forget to keep it or multi-tasking is harder and chores are taking too much time to complete. Anyway, i did try posting it sometime back and somehow it was so frustrating as the whole post just vanished without a trace, all my effort for nothing but frustration. This is not an excuse, a promise is a promise and it has to be kept however or whatever and here is how to make these Square Pork Balls. I do not mean to confuse the name of this recipe, it is so strange, balls are always round or olive-shaped but these are square, so, since these are to eaten and not to play with, it is fine to be square, agreed?????
1/2 cup ice cubes
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ACCORD (picture of packet)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp white ground pepper
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp fish sauce
1. Wash and pat dry meat, remove all sinew and fat. Slice into smaller pieces.
3. Add in sesame oil, sugar, ACCORD, baking powder and white ground pepper and pulse to combine.
4.. Mix tapioca starch, salt and fish sauce together, then pour liquid mixture to mince meat and pulse till well blended and homogeneous.
5. Cover meat with clink wrap and leave in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Boil water in the steamer.
7. Prepare 2 rectangle glass containers/foil containers by greasing well with cooking oil.
8. Take out meat paste from freezer and divide between the containers and smooth the top with a wet offset spatula.
9. Using the same spatula, cut through the meat paste to make square balls.
10. Put into steamer to steam, covered..
11. Steam until square balls are cooked through and no more pink.
12 .Remove from steamer and leave aside to cool.
13. Repeat the process of making the square balls in the glass container.
14. Square balls are ready to be served in a bowl of rice noodle soup together with the Siew Cheong and Cooked Ground Pork