Foodie

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nasi Lemak with Apricot Sambal Ikan Bilis




The weather is much cooler nowadays especially in the mornings, I don't have to go out for my walks at 6.00 am , could do it at 7.30 am and still feel comfortable.  Then you know that summer is over and autumn is upon us soon.  This summer has been a busy and fruitful -'fruit full' it was, my neighbor's apricot tree was groaning with lush and the lush was on my side of the fence.  As i scamper back to my kitchen with my apricot loot, i was a-brimmed with plans.  There will be apricot jam, There will be pastries - made so many pastries and still have many more apricots sitting on the counter-top.  What i would like to share with you all, was so delicious and it amazed me too that it turned out so well.  I added the pitted apricots to the sambal and  The Sambal Ikan Bilis made with this apricot sambal was the most delicious tasting sambal ever, it tasted fruity.  





Ingredients and Method:

Nasi Lemak and Sambal recipe can be found HERE .

Pitted apricots are added to the sambal and cooked down before proceeding with the recipe to make Sambal Ikan Bilis.  Adjust the taste with more/less tamarind juice or sugar to your taste.


2 comments:

Pauline said...

Love your decoration! Such a cute thing to make your rice dish into a smiling face. I don't know if I could eat my food when it's smiling back at me, haha.

PH said...

I like the smiley faced nasi lemak! I agree with you (even tho I haven't taste yet) that the apricots go very well with sambal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...